CHAPTER 5

Crime and Deliquency

     Crime incidence is a good indicator of the peace and order situation of an area.  Crime statistics throughout the country, however, generally suffer from undercoverage, the extent of which is not known. Thus, an area with a higher crime rate than other area does not necessarily mean that the former is relatively less peaceful and orderly than the latter.  Moreover, this limitation must also be considered when comparison is done overtime.

Crime Volume

     Reported crimes in 2008 totaled 96 which had increased by 43.57 percent compared to 140 reported crimes in 2007. Most crimes committed were index crimes which include physical injury, robbery and other cases comprising 47.76 percent of the total; and the remaining 52.24 percent were non-index crimes.

Crime Rate

     For the province, crime rate was placed at 7.29 cases for every 10,000 population.

 

graph1

 

 

Related Tables...

Table 1. Crime Volume and Crime Rate by Type of Crime: 2000 to 2008


[back] [next]