CHAPTER 6

Education

Number of Schools

     During school year 2007-2008, including Calapan City, registered government and private schools totaled 824. Of the total, 493 were elementary schools; 116 secondary schools; 193 preschools; and 23 tertiary.

Number of Public and Private Colleges/Universities: As of June 2008

Total

Public

Private

23

1

22

  Source: Commission on Higher Education, Region IV-B.

Enrollment

     Including Calapan City, there were a total of 201,443 enrollees at all levels (except tertiary level) in the province where 88.25 percent were enrolled in public schools and the remaining 11.75 percent were in private schools. Enrollment in the elementary numbered 128 thousand while secondary and preschools enrollment totaled 65 thousand and 8 thousand, respectively.

 Teacher-Pupil Ratio

     In school year 2007-2008, teacher-pupil ratio in government elementary schools in Calapan City and other Oriental Mindoro was both one teacher for every 33 students. For secondary education, the ratio was one teacher for every 43 students in other Oriental Mindoro public schools while a ratio one teacher for every 36 students was registered in Calapan City.         
 


ormin_c6_educ

Related Tables...

Table 1. Distribution of Schools by Level of Education by Sector: SY 2003-2004 to SY 2008-2009
Table 2. Enrollment in Government and Private Schools by Level of Education: 2003-2004 to 2008-2009
Table 3. Number of Teachers in Government and Private Schools by Level of Education: SY 2003-2004 to SY 2008-2009
Table 4. Education Indicators in Government Elementary Schools: SY 2003-2004 to 2008-2009 (Rate in percent)
Table 5. Education Indicators in Government Secondary Schools: SY 2003-2004 to 2008-2009 (Rate in percent)


[back] [next]